Love seems incomplete without “love bites or hickeys”.Hickeys are marks of territory or possession. There are no limits when it comes to love and every couple tries new things especially which help them to reach orgasm. Many times you get the hickey on the neck where they are visible clearly. A hickey is well known as a love bite or a kiss mark and it a kind of bruise. When someone kisses or sucks your skin too hard then your blood vessels breaks and accumulated blood turns the skin purple or red. Hickeys can be given on any part of the body but not a place with bone like fingers or elbow etc. Love bite quickly appears on the sensitive area like cheeks, nose, lips, thighs, belly and neck etc. However, having a hickey is quite embarrassing because it is visible and people can see it. You can hide hickeys with makeup or clothing. You can also try several remedies to get rid of hickeys.
How Long Does Hickey Last?
Hickey stays for the different period from person to person it depends on the skin. For some, it lasts for 2 to 3 days while for some it takes a week to get rid of it.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Hickeys:
1.) Cold or Ice to Treat Hickeys Fast
Ice or cold compress works great on the hickeys that are still red and fresh. Ice has the ability to freeze blood vessels. Apply this method that will help to break blood clots and freeze blood vessels, it will reduce the size of hickey and swelling too.
Steps to Use Cold Compress:
- Take few cubes and wrap them in a towel or washcloth.
- Apply it where you have hickeys.
- If you feel too cold, remove it immediately.
- Do it daily for better results.
2.) Finger Massage to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast
Finger massage is one of the best ways to remove hickeys. When you massage the hickey area it disperses the blood around. The discoloration of your skin fades away within a few minutes.
Steps to Do Finger Massage:
- Gently rub and massage the affected area for five minutes, few times a day.
- If the hickey is tiny or fresh, massaging the area will fade the color immediately.
3.) Toothbrush or Comb to Cure Hickeys Fast
Using toothbrush or comb is one of the most effective methods to treat hickeys. It works like a massage. As the toothbrush and comb force blood back to the vessels, blood around the affected area will be dispersed evenly.
Steps to Use Toothbrush or Comb:
- Use either toothbrush or comb.
- Apply a little pressure, comb or brush the area of hickey gently.
- Do it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the process is over, apply a cold compress for the next ten minutes, if necessary.
- When you use this method with massage, it will completely remove the hickey.
4.) Mint Toothpaste to Cure Hickey Naturally
The medicinal properties in peppermint and mint based lotions help to increase the blood circulation. So applying the peppermint oil or mint toothpaste on the hickey area helps to treat the hickey.
Steps to Use Mint Toothpaste:
- Apply a small amount of mint toothpaste on the hickey area.
- Allow it to dry and then it gives a burning sensation.
- Use a damp towel to remove whichever you applied on the hickey.
- It will help to treat the hickey as soon as possible.
5.) Rubbing Alcohol to Treat Hickey Fast
Rubbing alcohol is also one of the best ways to remove hickey. The soothing, cooling and disinfecting properties of rubbing alcohol works great for hickey removal.
Steps to Use Rubbing Alcohol:
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply some alcohol to the hickey area for several minutes.
- To remove the hickey, do it twice a day for 2 days and then apply some moisturizing lotion after applying it as it can dry your skin.
6.) Aloe Vera for Hickey Removal
Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer and well known for its soothing and anti-inflammatory qualities. It helps to reduce the skin sensitivity in the affected area and speed up the healing process.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera:
- Rub aloe vera gel on the hickey and massage it 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can also use aloe vera based lotion or cream.
7.) Banana Peel to Remove Hickey Overnight
Banana peel is known for its cooling and soothing properties which help to minimize the hickeys fast. Banana peel is great for removing kiss mark.
Steps to Use Banana Peel:
- Take a banana peel and cut it into your hickey size.
- Place it on the hickey and keep it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Apply it 2 to 3 times a day if you want faster results.
8.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast
Cocoa butter is a natural ingredient which is best for your hickey. Cocoa butter is well known for healing bruises including hickeys. This excellent moisturizer helps to promote new skin tissue growth.
Steps to Use Cocoa Butter:
- First, apply warm compress on your hickey.
- When the area becomes warm, apply cocoa butter on it.
- Now, massage the area for a few minutes. This helps to break the clotted blood and stimulates the blood flow.
- Do this method few times in a day.
9.) Hot or Warm Compress to Get Rid of Hickeys Overnight
Applying heat is one of the effective ways to remove a hickey. The heat will help to expand the blood capillaries and help the blood flow to clear the clot that forms the hickey.
Steps to Use Warm Compress:
- Heat some water and dip a towel into it.
- Wring out the excess hot water and apply it on the hickey area for 5 minutes, 3 times a day daily.
- Gently massage the area with fingertips that will improve the blood circulation and remove hickey.
10.) Vitamin C or Orange to Treat Hickey Naturally
The vitamin C in orange plays a vital role in healing the bruises. The bleaching properties of vitamin C help to clear the hickey fast.
Steps to Use Orange:
- Drink a glass of fresh orange juice daily.
- You can also have vitamin C supplements to speed up the healing process.